Thursday, October 11, 2012

...And they lived happily ever after

Choosing to get married in Hawaii was absolutely the best decision we could have made. I am so beyond happy with the way everything turned out.  I really had the most beautiful wedding. A small intimate setting, stress free, with a gorgeous location was absolutely perfect! There were definitely a few people I wish could have been there, but other then that my wedding day could not have been more perfect. Im using my blog as my little journal, so I better write down all the details before I forget!...    The trip didn't start out as happy.. we arrived at the airport, unloaded all of our bags.. carseat, stroller and 5 suitcases.. walked up to the check in line, and the lady told us they closed at 1:10. It was 1:13! After a few deep breaths and some horrible thoughts about this lady in my head, I accepted the fact that we weren't getting on our flight and we would have to go back home and try again in the morning..
 After a long flight with Scarlett, our wild child that is not happy sitting still, we finally made it to Maui!  It was so nice to be able to relax on the beach a few days before the wedding. The night before, everyone went down to front street where they have tons of restaurants and shopping. We ate dinner and walked around on our last night single, and my last night as a Benincasa! Of course Tony and I saved all of the last minute details for the day of the wedding.. oh you know, like, getting our marriage license, writing our vows, and setting up our wedding dinner! We had a lot to do, but everything fell into place perfectly. The day could not have been more stress free and perfect. The girls came up to my room to help me get ready, and the boys got ready in Tonys friends room. Thank goodness for my amazing girlfriends that got me so glamourous for my special day! I really felt like a princess and ready to marry my prince. Just one little detail left to do... write my vows!! eeeek Now I was nervous! 20 minutes until my wedding and I had about 5 words written down that didn't even make sense! I felt like I was back in high school writing a speech that I was terrified to give. The limo arrived to pick up all the girls and I sat in the back and quietly put all my thoughts together, of course with the help of my best friend Kara, that helped me make sense of all my jumbled up thoughts! I was so ready to marry my best friend and couldn't wait to get out of the limo to see him. Im so happy I was able to have my amazing dad there to walk me down the aisle and both our moms to walk down with Scarlett. We had a musician there to sing one of my favorite songs Marry Me by Train, and most of our closest friends and family. The ceremony was short and sweet and put a little tear in everyones eye. The day came and went way too fast, but I made sure to soak it all in, because I knew it was going to FLY by. We had a delicious dinner at Tropica, the restaurant inside the Westin where we were staying, and had a gorgeous wedding cake delivered. Im so happy I decided to add the little details like having a wedding cake because I didn't want to regret missing anything by having a destination wedding. I even got to have a first dance with my hubby on the beach! The day was perfect,. and we really are living happily ever after. The rest of the trip we relaxed, rented cabanas on the beach, spent most the day at the amazing pool, drank fruity drinks and ate a little too many ice cream sandwhiches from Hula Grill! (best restaurant ever) I don't think anything could have gotten any better... which is probably why we got stuck with the flight from hell on the way home. If a 2 hour delayed flight with an 11 month old isn't bad enough, add a surprise stop at LAX to refuel and a baby that wouldn't sleep and theres our flight home. We left maui at 11am and finally got home at 4 am.. Scarlett slept 2 hours the entire trip.. yes all you mommy's can imagine our trip home :) But I can't complain. I had a fairy tale wedding I've always dreamt of, and really am married to my very own prince charming <3
getting ready and flowers tony sent to the room, along with chocolate covered strawberries and champagne :)
 waiting to see my future hubby..





signing to become mrs. zanello









always and forever

My gorgeous cake




submarine ride






2 comments:

  1. Wow your pictures are so pretty! It makes me want to put on my wedding dress and go run in the waves . . .

    ReplyDelete