Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Life.

We've been busy little bees lately now that the weather is cooling down and we can actually spend the day outside. Mine & Tonys wedding anniversary is also my parents wedding anniversary so along with celebrating with my husband I also celebrated with my mom :) We went to art in the park in Boudler City which is always fun.. & later that day Tony & I celebrated... with 2 kids.... at Disney live music festival.. BUT to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way. He also got the night off work so we got to spend time together after the girls went to bed. The next morning we drove up to Mt Charleston & hiked at Mary Jane Falls, which is beautiful! Scarlett was in heaven climbing every single rock in sight. Fun for her, not fun for overprotective daddy. It was a beautiful day and felt like a mini vacation. A much needed vacation from the reality of what is going on in my life. My dad has been sick for years and years with hepatitis C and recently he was diagnosed with liver cancer. I hate you cancer. Back in January my dad was told he has 2-3 months to live & he has fought & is still fighting today. He is amazing and strong but the cancer is winning. He is still at home but it is taking over his body very quickly now. He is confined to a hospital bed where he can no longer walk, barely move his body, and he's not really able to communicate much anymore. It is the hardest thing I have ever had to go through in my entire life. I will start to think to myself "this isn't fair", "why MY dad?". But this is life and I am so thankful to have been able to spend 25 years with the most amazing man and father a girl could dream of. Truly, my dad is the kindest, most loving, selfless person Ive ever met. He will always bring a smile to my face and has filled my heart with so much happiness. Through this all I have been able to smile and it really is because of how lucky I am to have had such an amazing life so far because of him.








No comments:

Post a Comment